Nowadays, refrigerators come in different sizes, designs, and have various features. A double door fridge under 15000 is a good choice for homes to keep food and beverages fresh and safe.
A fridge is a vital kitchen appliance. It’s something one cannot do without. Whether you live in a rural setting or an urban one, having a good quality refrigerator is a must. It helps in meeting one of our basic necessities of life, that is to stay properly fed and healthy. Now everyone is aware of what a fridge is. But people often have only one parameter to judge them with- that’s the price, and that’s where the problem lies. That's the myth that the Refrigerator Guide aims to bust.
There is so much more to a refrigerator than its price. Things like power rating, cooling capacity, sturdiness, volume, and many other things including aesthetics come into play while shopping for the best refrigerator in India. We also understand that for a busy individual digging too deep into things is just not feasible. That’s why our experts have researched the niche well and compiled a list of the best refrigerator in India.
Our post here will help the readers understand what’s on offer and get some concrete insights on the refrigerators that can be considered for their homes. This post includes:
List of Top 10 Refrigerator in India
Here are our Editorial Teams Best Picks of the top 10 refrigerator in India that one can consider buying online.
- LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Godrej 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 215 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator
- Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Samsung 253 L 3 Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Below you will find the short and sweet details of the top 10 refrigerator in India that we have listed above. Do read the post completely in order to gain some concrete insights on the products that we have reviewed here for you.
1. LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Smart Inverter Compressor
If you are looking for a compact refrigerator for your home or office, then this is the best one you can get your hands on. It has all the features that will keep your food fresh and keep your electricity costs under control.
LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
The smart inverter compressor ensures that your power bills won't be inflated, not because of your fridge at least. It looks very appealing too.
- BEE Rating - 4 star
- Very economical to run
- Looks good
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- The best fridge in India for office pantry
2. Godrej 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Comes with a 5-star rating and has to be manually defrosted. All in all, a very basic and sturdy fridge that will last really long. You don't have to worry much once you have this fridge running at your home/office.
Godrej 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
It's very energy efficient and saves a lot on electricity costs. The glass shelves are designed to withstand upto 150 kgs of weight.
- Direct cool refrigerator
- Requires manual defrosting
- 190 litre space - perfect for small families
- Total value for money
3. Whirlpool 215 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
A very basic direct cool single door fridge that will meet all your necessary needs. It’s 5-star rated, so running it won’t burn a hole in your pocket. It’s also very efficient cooling wise.
Whirlpool 215 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
The compressor on this model is very reliable and the outer body is also very well built. This fridge will really give you a long-lasting service.
- 215 litres capacity
- 5 Star BEE Rating
- 10-year warranty on compressor
- Has a unique crescent door Design
- Comes with Intellisense inverter technology
- Advance insulation gives up to 12 hours of milk preservation during power cuts
- The best fridge in India for areas with heavy power cuts
4. Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator
Ice formation within 60 mins
Makes ice quickly, that's one strong point of this fridge. Has ample capacity to serve the needs of a small family well. The body is robust and offers greater rust protection.
Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single-Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
It has 4-star energy rating that means the overall running cost will be well under control. It comes with high quality PUF insulation that keeps your food chilled even under long power cuts.
- Can make ice in less than an hour
- 195 litres capacity
- 4 - star BEE Rating
- 10 - year compressor warranty
- The best fridge in India for party lovers
5. Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Digital inverter compressor
Comes with a good quality digital inverter compressor that assures optimal cooling even under adverse voltage fluctuations. The single door is really awesome looking on this one. All in all, a very well-engineered refrigerator.
Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
This fridge can even run on solar power, that’s due to the highly efficient power system that it comes with. A must have fridge for sure.
- Digital inverter Technology
- Clear Lamp View
- Grande Door design
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- Can run on Home Inverter
6. Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
Smart inverter technology
The modern door design on this fridge will surely allure you. It has ample capacity to serve the needs of a small family. The star rating also shows that its very energy efficient.
Whirlpool 265 L 2 Star Frost-Free Double Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
Comes with all the basic features that one certainly appreciates. The compressor is state of art and can function well even in poor voltage conditions.
- Frost-free operation
- 265 litres capacity
- 2 Star power rating
- 10-year warranty on compressor
7. Samsung 253 L 3 Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Digital Inverter Compressor
It’s a very well-engineered double door refrigerator that has features that would make your life pretty comfortable. It has all the features that one could expect from a modern fridge.
Samsung 253 L 3 Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
Has ample capacity to cater to a small family. Keeps food fresh for a really long period of time.
- Frost Free, Double Door
- Has auto defrost feature
- Capacity 253 liters
- BEE Rating: 3 stars
- Has a good quality Digital Inverter Compressor
8. Whirlpool 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
IntelliSense Inverter Technology
If you live in an area that sees heavy voltage fluctuations, then this is the fridge that you must have. Its superior compressor can even work if the voltage is below 100 Volts.
Whirlpool 190 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door RefrigeratorBuy From Amazon
It can retain cooling for up to 9 hours in event of serious power failure. It’s very spacious and can even be connected to your power inverter.
- Volume capacity 190 litre
- IntelliSense Inverter Technology allows it to run under 100 Volts
- Can stay cool for 9 hours even when powered off
- Advance technology for even cooling
- Can be run on Home Inverter
- No voltage stabilizer needed
Care and Maintenance Tips for Refrigerators
Refrigerators are heavy-duty kitchen appliances that are designed to work for months without break, but that does not mean that they don’t require regular care. Remember that perishables are stored in them; if they are not cleaned regularly then you would surely invite some serious health hazards into your home.
No matter how technologically advanced your fridge is, still you would have to clean in manually. Here are some care tips that would help you get the best from your fridge under every condition:
- Toss out unused vegetables and fruit every week
- Always keep leftovers at eye level to avoid food wastage
- Once a month defrost your fridge
- Once every two months clean it completely. Use a vacuum cleaner if possible
- Use proper power plugs for your fridge